I’m a full stack developer who has worked with several companies around the world since the late 1990s. I have been doing back-end and front-end development of web apps, also on hybrid mobile apps but more recently I’ve been working with serverless infrastructures in the search of better performant and scalable applications. I am passionate about new technologies and I am always learning them.
Optic Power 2020-05-01 — present
Working as a Lead Engineer in different projects.
- Lead engineering team on the creation from scratch of a multi tenant LMS platform.
- Worked on changes and upgrades on an client web and mobile app.
Mobile Tonic 2016-05-01 — 2020-02-28
Worked on web applications, chatbots and infrastructure.
- Worked on a marketplace website for services created using node.js and React.
- Helped building a chatbots platform for different platforms like Messenger, Slack, Whatsapp, Telegram, etc.
- Working on the serverless infrastructure of the projects using AWS and FaunaDB.
Gravity4 2015-03-05 — 2016-03-22
Helped to create the best marketing tools for publishers. I've been assigned to work on the AddNow product. Worked on the backend and frontend of the application using Python/Django and AngularJS respectively.
- Redesigned MongoDB database structure from plain events to time series.
- Worked on the single page application for the publisher's dashboard using AngularJS.
- Used Django to create the application REST APIs, and setup JSON Web Token authentication.
- Applied E2E and unit tests using Protractor and karma.
Quolaw 2012-12-10 — 2014-08-12
Web application oriented to law firms to keep track of all cases on the office and on the go. I joined them in the early stages of the company and helped build the main application and mobile app.
- Helped in the optimization and added new features to the backend server (Python/Django) using Django REST Framework for the API.
- Worked on the frontend application using Backbone.js and connecting with the backend API.
- Created the hybrid mobile application using Cordova with AngularJS and Restangular.
Munchkin Fun 2011-12-01 — 2015-03-06
I've created two applications for this Miami-based company who creates a platform for kids events in the Florida area. The application allows people to list events they provide and accepts reservations and generates newsletters automatically.
- Created both applications from scratch, using Python, Django, MongoDB, Celery, Saltstack.
- Built the server infrastructure with load balancers, task execution servers (mailers, map/reduce processing, subscription, etc), app server, databases and CDN. We used Amazon AWS and DigitalOcean APIs to automate the deployment process.
- Implemented a widget system to embed calendars in customers sites.
- Setup Wordpress for communication and created plugins to connect to main application.
Entaste LLC 2010-11-10 — 2012-11-18
Digital wine list for restaurants with a lot of information about wines and taste notes by best sommeliers in the market. I worked with them since day zero.
- Built the database schema using MongoDB for the wine data, and PostgreSQL for the user information and authentication.
- Worked on the admin and business dashboard, as well as the main site using Python and Django.
- Setup scripts to process data and create reports using MongoDB Aggregation Framework and task workers using Celery and Redis to process data.
Dellustrations 2010-01-13 — 2010-06-21
Created a website to sell print works. The site was called PrintedPiece and it was completely made using Python and Django.
- Created the server application to process the images and send work to print office.
Freshout 2008-09-01 — 2009-09-29
Worked on several client's works. Managed people on different products.
- Worked on a Wordpress plugin to edit content in line.
- Helped with an application that connected to physical sensors and fetched data to display on a dashboard.
HiDef 2005-06-01 — 2008-09-27
We created websites for big clients.
- Created a huge Drupal website with a bunch of custom modules.
- Helped to build new things and research about new technologies to be applied to our stack.
Full Stack Developer 2003-12-01 — present
Worked with several companies around the world providing my knowledge and advice to help to build awesome projects.
- Created several health-related applications, electronic health record systems, applications to process and analyze information about specific diseases.
- Built a mobile application to capture data from patients to analyze that and help physicians to research and write articles about findings.
AXG Tecnonexo 2003-12-01 — 2004-12-18
Helped to create custom eLearning courses to companies internal employees training using LMS platforms.
Design Agency 2001-10-01 — 2003-11-27
Worked on several sites for this Miami based agency.
- Sliced websites from PSD to plain HTML or Wordpress websites.
- Setup hosting servers.
i-logic Studio 2000-07-01 — 2005-04-25
Founded this small services agency and worked for many local clients.
- Created several static and dynamic websites, from plain marketing sites to large forms apps.
Pergamino.com 1998-12-01 — 1999-05-15
MongoDB Inc 2012-05-22 — 2012-05-25
Escuela de Enseñanza Técnica N1 1992-03-01 — 1998-12-15
- Unit tests
- React Native
- Amazon AWS
- Internet of Things (IoT)
Leandro is an excellent full stack engineer. He implements every solution with detail. He is proactive and also an excellent colleague. Besides he also has entrepreneur vision!. It has been a great a experience working with him.
— Matias Kruk
Leandro is a great software engineer. His technical skills are very good and allow him to respond easily to any challenge. He is always looking out to the latest technology and is concerned with the best implementation to solve each use case. He is very responsible and always available to lend a hand to a colleague. Leandro is a great element to any software development team.
— Sérgio Peixoto
Knowledgable and humble are some of Leandro's most prominent traits, I had the pleasure working by his side for over 5 years in several projects and I always admired his ability to deep dive into any challenge and acquire new skills easily. A great team player you can always trust under any circumstances!
— Amit Ashckenazi